Sunday, October 11, 2009

Case 1

What to do:

Come up with a game idea, and make a character ready for animation.

Pretty straight forward, the hard part was coming up with a decent game idea, all the coffee in the world didn't make it happen for me, however as I was sitting there listening to music, a song named "Rattlesnake Charlie" came on, and I figured that I might as well make a game based on that song rather than wasting more time drinking coffee.

So basically, the game idea is currently about a character named Rattlesnake Charlie, who is fleeing from the cops, while trying to get ready to play a concert.

Next thing to do was moddeling the character, which was pretty easy, wanted to use a different vector based program than flash for the drawing part, but I figured I might as well get acustomed to use it.

Drew a character at the bottom layer, and just traced it on new layers on top with PenTool, in order to save vector-points. I ofcourse did this to prevent my game from lagging when there are other characters, background, and... Stuff to pick up all geting rendered at the same time. After this was done, all that was left was to change the Pivot points, so that his legs and arms and, anything that can move will move in a natural manner.

In the end I was satisfied. Working with PenTool in flash was a pain in the ass, but apart from that this case was pretty simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment